
You know, we really do live in a small community.
I was recently preparing for an interview with the local band Cephalopod, checking out photos on their MySpace page, when I noticed something familiar.
My home.
I should point out that’d I’d never met any of the band members at that point. But there they were, pictured in the house I’d just moved into four days earlier.
When I met the band later that day, I had to ask about it. You can imagine my surprise when drummer Sara Goehner told me she used to live in that house. I mean, really. What are the odds?
By the way, Sara, I think I found a couple of dog toys you left behind. And, geez, you guys sure did leave a lot of nail holes.
As surprised as I was by all of this, my new neighbors might wind up being the most shocked. Because just when they thought they’d lost a drummer next door, they gained a new one.
I’ll try to keep it down, but, you know — drums are drums.
You can check out our interview with Cephalopod, by the way, in a Ticket story next month. They’re a pretty eccentric squid-themed band with an interesting story.
Speaking of drums, I should note that the Drum Circuit’s annual Drum Contest is Sunday. The Graduate in San Luis Obispo will be packed with drum sets in what has to be the noisiest day of the year there. I’d compete myself, but, uh, I’d hate to have some 15-year-old kid make me look bad.
Kenny Aronoff, one of the music industry’s busiest (and best) session drummers will be there, both judging and putting on a clinic. If you’re at all into drums, you won’t want to miss Aronoff play. You can read about him in today's Ticket.
--Pat P.
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Dude, that's my house
Posted by
Features staff
at
11:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment