Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Atascadero actress wins at Emmys


An actress from Atascadero can add Emmy winner to her list of accomplishments.

This weekend, Central Coast resident Rae Stone shared a regional Emmy Award with the cast and crew of “Do You Know CPR?” The public-service announcement aired on Beverly Hills’ Network 10.

Stone said she was too stunned by the win to remember much about Saturday’s award ceremony.

“They say I talked and said something nice,” the 54-year-old actress joked later. “Thank goodness for photos and video because I can’t remember a thing!”

The ceremony by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences took place at the Leonard H. Goldenson Theatre in North Hollywood.

As Rae Stone told The Tribune earlier this month, professional acting is the fulfillment of a lifelong dream.

She spent most of her life as a business manager and nonprofit executive with Helpline and Big Brothers, Big Sisters.

After doctors diagnosed Stone with a serious heart condition seven years ago, however, she pledged to follow her dream of taking the stage full-time. She spent 12 weeks studying at Steppenwolf Classes West, the Los Angeles branch of Chicago’s famed theater company.

Stone has since starred in two plays, a couple of infomercials and a handful of short and independent films.

She’s also currently producing a musical featuring music by Elton John, “Tumbleweed Connection.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pathetic - a PSA on a cable channel....

Anonymous said...

You're joking, right? It's a REGIONAL emmy for a PSA on a PUBLIC ACCESS TV CHANNEL.

Why do you let people puff themselves up like this? I agree with the first posting. This is pathetic.

Anonymous said...

I've been working my butt off, running around to auditions all over the place trying to get work, breaking into these cliky little theaters and it's damn hard! Anybody from this town who can pull of any kind of Emmy I say Hooray! And Rae, can you hook me up with your agent?